First Baptist Church of Hudson BAFTA Women’s Group meets on the first Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM from September to June. Dinner meetings began at 6:00 PM. All women of the church and community are invited to join us. Our group is part of the Southern Monadnock Association of Vermont/NH American Baptist Women. The Ladies hold a breakfast on the third Saturday of the month at 7:30 am at The Pine St. Eatery.
Monthly meetings consist of a program, refreshments provided by two members who act as hostesses for the month and a business meeting. Click here to view our list of events.
Our Treasury is funded with money we earn from public dinners, yard sales, pound parties, harvest auctions, cutlery sales, “Pie Sunday” pie sales and donations.
Other activities include:
- Brunch Bunch – Meets 3rd Sunday at Donna’s place for fellowship and food.
- BAFTA Collections:
- Cell phones – Donated then refurbished at the Verizon Store and sent to service men and women overseas.
- Educational stamps – Boxtops, Campbell Soup labels and cancelled stamps are collected for education institutions. Greeting card fronts are donated to nursing homes for crafts.
- Eyeglasses – Collected and donated.
- Newspapers – Collected for those who use in heating their homes.
- Ladies Breakfast – Meets once a month for fellowship and food.
- Lap Blanket Ministry – Makes blankets for our graduates, those who are ill, or who have lost loved ones.
- Moore Mart – Puts together care packages for men and women overseas as well as local school children.
- RADA Cutlery -A catalogue of kitchen supplies
- School credit and crafts
- Special Olympic Scarfs – Made each January of specific colors for the local Special Olympics teams.
- Ugli quilts – Made as a sleeping bag and donated to the homeless in the Hudson/Nashua area.
If you’d like to contact the leader of this group, visit the Contact Us page.